Subscribe to our Newsletter

Thursday 7 May 2015

My four-legged training buddy keeps me focused!

Hugh Jamieson and Mocha, his training buddy
Hours before I arrive at the At Home design studio, I'm up with the larks to run a five mile circuit around beautiful Sheringham Park, near my Norfolk home.

I've signed up for the Norfolk Superhero Challenge next month to raise cash for RNLI Wells Lifeboat. It's a grueling course, but I have a devoted training buddy to keep me focused – my dog, Mocha.

I rescued Mocha 10 years ago from the Greek island of Naxos, and I confess, without his company on my morning run, training would be hard-going. Mocha is so enthusiastic and probably runs four times as far as I do, in his endless quest to find rabbits!

The Norfolk Superhero Challenge takes place on Saturday 6th June and the route meanders round the most beautiful parts of north Norfolk. Teams swim one mile from Gun Hill to the quay at Burnham Overy Staithe with the incoming tide,  kayak a four mile course through creeks, cycle a 45 mile circular route on north Norfolk's most scenic roads then run eight miles across tracks, sand, mud and marsh. 

With my team mate, Sue Allen, we hope to £3000 for Wells Lifeboat which is manned entirely by volunteer crews. We'd love your support, so if you'd like to donate, please visit  www.justgiving.com/NorfolkSuperHero112

I, and Mocha, would be very grateful!

Hugh Jamieson, Principal Designer, At Home Interiors, Norwich and Cambridge.

For more information please contact Hugh Jamieson 01603 520535